2/19/13

My favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everybody has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, right?
Well, here comes mine.


Perfection, that's it.
I love a good chocolate chip cookie, and trust me, these are good!
The recipe's adapted from Jacques Torres' Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I changed the flours, because I couldn't find bread flour, and it worked out great!

I didn't just pick a recipe and said this is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, no. About a year ago, I made 6 different chocolate chip cookies and we had a big tasting. My parent, my sisters and me. We tried them all, multiple times offcourse, and then we decided these were the best.

I love these the most right out of the oven, when their warm, gooey, soft and a bit dough-like still but with a little 'crust'. And when all af that gorgeous chocolate is still melted and warm.... I could eat these all day.

These cookies have a lot of chocolate in them. I always use milk chocolate, because I like that better :)



The dough is too good to not eat at least half of before they go into the oven. Mmmm.....



You have to make big cookies, because... Well, I don't really know because of what, but they're just nice big.

Or super big (see the ones in the pictures)


 
 
And when they come out of the oven, you have this:
 
 

Aren't they beautiful?

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie RecipeAdapted from Jacques Torres Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes twenty-six 5-inch cookies or 8 1/2 dozen 1 1/4-inch cookies
Ingredients
1 pound unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 pounds milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment