2/11/13

Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumb Frosting

I do not like school.



Let's just get that clear.

I kinda hate it.

Especially now, because I have to study all the time.
In a week time, we'll have a week full of tests, called CP-week, and those tests count for 3 'normal' tests, and we have to learn a lot for them.
So, I'm studying the whole time, unfortunately.

But today, I really didn't want to study, sooooo......

I made cupcakes.
Including chocolate.
And chocolate cookies.
Duh.




Because it had snowed this weekend, I went for cute snowmen cupcake liners, which I had bought some time ago but hadn't used yet. They were totally cute! Especially IN the snow.

 
 
A friend of us went to the USA last week, and bought me little cupcake liners for Valentine's Day! I think these liners are really cute! You can't see on these pictures, but on the bottom they have little hearts! So offcourse I couldn't wait for Valentine's Day itself (which is like 3 days away, but I hate waiting!) and baked these cupcakes with them.

 
And they're really tiny! (even though I definitely overfilled the liners, but whatever...)

 
O, and here are the cookies that went into the frosting. 



I always make big cookies, but this time I wanted to make REAL big ones, see the two big cookies in the picture.
These cookies were crumbled in the food processor and then mixed through the frosting.
In one word:
Delicious.

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until fluffy. Add vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and mix if you’d like them in smaller pieces.
Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 mins at 350. Let cool, then frost.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumb Frosting Recipe
  • 2 cups cookie crumbs from your favorite baked chocolate chip cookies, pulsed in your food processor to a fine crumb-like consistency
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 7 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes. Add 5 cups of the sugar, milk, and vanilla. On the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating after each addition for approximately 2 minutes. Be sure that your frosting reaches a firm consistency that will pipe perfectly on top of cupcakes.
Pulse chocolate chip cookies for approximately 2 minutes until they reach a fine crumb-like consistency.
Using a spatula, gently fold cookie crumbs into frosting.
 
Note:
-I didn't put chocolate chips in all the cupcakes, but I liked the ones with chocolate better. What can I say, I just love chocolate :)
-I didn't really read that last sentence well, so I just put the crumbs in the bowl of my mixer and mixed it in. That's why my frosting is a lot browner than the frosting of Best Friends For Frosting. But it still tasted delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment