3/4/13

Lemon Yoghurt Bundt Cakes



Last night, I was really craving cake.
So I made some.
I had just bought 6 mini bundt cake forms, so I went looking for bundt cakes. I was looking at Call me Cupcake, and then saw this recipe. And I made it. The recipe was written in English and Swedish, but the directions to make the cake were not translated in English, so I translated them with Google.




They were very nice. They were crumbly, but not too crumbly and soft and cakey. The cake (and the batter :D ) was really good.
The glaze I will make different next time. The glaze consists of powdered sugar and lemon juice + zest. Next time, I'll substitute 1/4 - 1/2 of the lemon juice with water, to make it a bit less overwhelming.
But overall, these cakes were very nice and fresh. I really wanted something fresh, since I have had so much chocolate and winter-y flavors lately that I wanted something more spring-y, like lemons.




Lemon yoghurt mini bundt cakes
from Call me Cupcake
•2 eggs
•100 grams butter, softened
•2,5 dl granulated sugar
•1 tsp vanilla
•4 dl all purpose flour
•1/4 tsp baking soda
•2 dl yoghurt (about 8-10% fat, greek or turkish works fine)
•2 lemons, zest and juice

Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Mix together the flour and baking soda in a bowl. Beat room-temperature butter, sugar and lemon peel fluffy and white in another bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time. Then add the lemon juice and matyoghurt and whisk until smooth. Grease and FLOUR a form for 6 mini cakes. Fill the molds to about 2/3 and bake for 15-20 minutes. Feel with a toothpick to make sure they are ready. Allow the mold to cool for 10 minutes before turning out the cakes.
Lemon glaze
Recipe from Martha Stewart

•3 tbsp lemon juice (or 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp water)
•1/4 tsp lemon zest
•1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (155 grams)

Whisk all ingredients until smooth and combined. Use immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment