3/26/13

Chewy Chocolate Meringues



Hi there!



I made cookies.

I do that quite a lot, actually. But somehow I never make meringues. I think I thought I didn't like them.

How on earth could I think that?!



I am soo happy that I decided to make these. They are absolutely delicious! The outside is crunchy and the inside is a bit gooey and it's just amazing...
You definitely have to try these!



I also love hot chocolate. Who doesn't? Well, probably quite a lot of people, but whatever...

Everyday on my way to school, I pass by the cutest little shop, so after cycling past it for 2 years, I finally decided to actually go into the shop. And there I bought this totally cute hot chocolate mug. :)

It's big (which is always a plus) pretty and it has a hole for the spoon in the ... I don't know how you call it in english, really. But you can see what I mean on the picture.


 Just look at that perfectness! I took these cookies with me to school and everybody loved them.




Chewy Chocolate Meringues
adapted from Bakerella
1 cup (8 fl oz / 250 ml) large egg whites – about 7
2 cups (1 lb / 500 g) sugar
5 tbsp (1 oz / 30 g) natural cocoa powder
 7-8 oz  bittersweet or milk chocolate, or a mix of both, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • In a clean, dry heatproof bowl, whisk together egg whites and sugar. Set over, but not touching, simmering water in a saucepan.
  • Whisk constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat. (I tested to make sure I didn’t feel any sugar granules.)
  • Beat the eggs on high using your mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until stiff and glossy.
  • Sift cocoa over the meringue. Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top.
  • Then, fold together gently with a spatula until combined.
  • Use a scoop to drop even amounts of batter onto prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
  • Bake for about 8-9 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake for another 8-9 minutes until the cookies are fluffy and full of cracks.
  • Transfer the cookies, leaving them on the parchment paper, to wire racks to coo





No comments:

Post a Comment